Forums

Forum Home > Off Topic > Thoughts?

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

I feel like throwing this out there, and I meant to do it a while back, but the questions are itching at me...

What are your thoughts on Clans/Guilds that run under Empire-like systems?

Do you think Clans/Guilds that run that way are more successful?

How would Alpha be different if it were Run under One Emporer?

--

July 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

Empires are all well and good until some kid shots a cheap shot at your death star. 

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

July 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

My opinion of Empire-like systems for clanning or guilding is that it sometimes works. However, the environment needs to be right for it to work:

• All the members must maintain a Sith/evil like appearance to the public
  • The leader needs to be humble and well-respected.
  • His advisors must not be corrupt.
  • The leader must show compassion and respect towards his members, so that they feel they aren't being treated like dogs.

That's my opinion anyway. As for the successful part, it's really a 50/50 shot. It all depends on how the clan structure is laid out, and the overall reputation of the clan and it's members. Another thing that helps is the financial aid to keep websites up, servers, etc.

As for Alpha under the rule of one, I think it would be pretty dicey. The system we have works well, as we all share equal power, and therefore are allowed to make decisions based off of more than one opinion. Putting one person in charge could likely cause powermad character within the leader, if not picked correctly. Yes there are those that can handle power with ease and not go crazy over it, however as the saying goes, "power corrupts absolutely". This is why we have multiple leaders, so that this doesn't happen.

--

July 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gamma (Ray)

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi at July 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Empires are all well and good until some kid shots a cheap shot at your death star. 

That is so true Kiwi. Atleast you can rebuild it again. :D

--

Thanks to Ross for making this profile picture.

July 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

gah I made a post yesterday and it failed to post. Repost I must...

Its too true that power corrupts absolutely. I think leading any group of people by yourself has a negitive impact, like over-confidence and lack of humbleness which can cause an undeserved sense of superiority. Guess why I like being Adm :p . The most fun thing about leadering is teaching noobs. The most important thing about leading is to take it seriously and to know when to give it up.

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

July 8, 2014 at 5:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

Couldn't agree more, Kiwi. Besides, the thing about leadership is not only that, but also you need to keep pace with yourself. Sure when we have power we feel all mighty and what not, but it never hurts to get back down on the ground with your comrades. A leader who can interact and understand his members at a base level, generally works better than one who is more of an overseer and doesn't listen to his members opinions.

--

July 8, 2014 at 9:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner
Btw are u guys still playinh battlefront? I'm on holiday so will come on if u ppl r
--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

July 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gamma (Ray)

I can only play SWBF on 1 computer and my moms been ocuppying that one.

--

Thanks to Ross for making this profile picture.

July 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

I've been dabbling in other games, such as TrackMania. However, if we're needed for something, then I will start up SWBF.

--

July 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.