Forums

Forum Home > Off Topic > Recent Updates / Changes

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

Tonight, if you didn't see the Memo on the Shoutbox on the Homepage, I have made many more updates and site changes.

1. Members Chart has been moved to the Members page. To conserve space, old members page has become Invisible and replaced with a new members page. This allows a new Chart to be placed that displays the member's name (linked to their site profile), member's rank, and member's activity status.
  2. The Guestbook page was slightly updated, and now includes our Diplomacy notes. BOB became Alpha's only ally tonight (only Ally after reformation), and BOB had been reaching out to us for many months now.
  3. History page has been updated, and now includes the Retired Members chart. Also, a surprise for all Alpha members has been placed at the bottom of the History page. Have fun with that!
  4. Hall of Fame has been updated, after much time untouched. Congrats to the new inductee!
--

September 20, 2014 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

I don't know if you are aware of this, Ultimo, but 212 is still allies with us. Norris and I made a treaty for this a long while back (dating back to last year, hard to believe actually).

So really, 212 is still with us, it's just since our playable group is so miniscule, we never play much with them, and they with us.

--

September 20, 2014 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

I still consider tcf allies, even though no1 else does. 

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

September 20, 2014 at 8:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

Viewing the 7th Generation (and no offense here), it just seems a tad bit biased (more so than the other written generations). I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but you seem to express yourself a little too much in the history. It seems almost every couple of lines I see your name. Then again, in our timespan not a whole lot has indeed happened, as things only started picking up when you took charge.

Also, since this topic is about "Recent Changes", I resurrect my General (now "Champion") status. More so, I request it. When you said that Alpha had become under the rule of one man, it made me reflect to how Rex wanted this clan, how he wanted to be the dominant leader. Though our group is miniscule at the moment, I would request to be an active on-the-site General/Champion, for the sake of not letting one leader be in charge (two heads are better than one, remember? ;) ).

--

September 20, 2014 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

I don't know if I'm actually Sorry for doing all of this. Because honestly I loved all the changes I had made.

I did something I thought would be cool. 

I did something that I thought wold help this clan in a long run.

I changed everything to try and make you guys living and breathing again.

I researched what designs and arrangements are attractive- Not only to gamers- but to the whole Battlefront community.

I updated this site over and over and over again, slaving on information that had been lost for years.

I began reaching out to other clans in hopes of giving us a gain.

My payment?

A kick in the face from both of you stating your opinions of FC from years past (they've changed, I promise!! It would've been a huge benefit for us, and now Phobos won't talk to me anymore!!!)

A few words saying that all my changes were bias (maybe they were, but who did the work? Have you seen how the leadership has been around here for years? All but 1 leader seems to dissappear!)

And finally, an insulting final retirement from the clan.

Maybe I'm sorry if you think I'm mad at you. But I'm not sorry that I did everything in my power to make this a better clan, and make it a better website.

I had fun doing what I did. Can you say the same?

Goodbye, Alpha Clan.

Koll and Gold Man are the new "Generals" (Leaders. hissssssss)

Keep the site updated. I would be very dissappointed to see everything fall apart again.

--

September 20, 2014 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

Oh, and last but not least, Phobos has invited you to this.

http://www.gametracker.com/clan/swbfa/

I suggest you take it. It's going to be a coalition of clans.

--

September 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

I clearly stated no offense in both of my posts, but you still took offense.

Honestly, I have appreciated what you've done with the site. Maybe I haven't really sad it much due to the fact school's gotten in the way (along with several other events), but in all honesty, you've pulled more weight that even I ever did when I was leader.

Also, yes we are aware FC is powerful, and we are aware there are many benefits, but sometimes the risk is just too great, Ultimo. I would rather the clan died than be absorbed by another.

Also, when did I say all your changes were bias? I only said it for the history since it had your name in it so much (then again, nothing much ever happened, so looking back at it I retract my statement). 

If anything Ultimo, I would much rather be alongside you, than against you. I'l accept if you wish to retake your claim, if you don't within 24 hours, then... well, I guess all good things must come to an end, right? We had a good run, 3 years is about an average for a good clan like ours. 

Basically, take it or leave it, I'l be posting a clanwide retirement statement on the forum and the community forum within 24 hours. I'l allow an extension on the time, should you wish to have it.

If anyone else wants to take up the torch in that timeframe, very well. I'l also allow extended time if needed. I just don't think there's enough gas in the tank for a 4th year.

--

September 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

*groans* now I have to make a 20 page reply and its like 2am, oh well here it goes:

EDIT: I see gm posted b4 me.

Firstly, both the opionons and Gm's comment about your history were constructive critism/statments. These were intended to cause discusion where the best decisions would be made (I can't speak for Gm, but from reading his post, this seems to be what hes saying). I aplogise if you saw this as us making decisons for you, i know this definity wasn't my intention (I don't say "in my opinion" or "I suggest" all the time because I assume people know I'm just giving advice, sorry if my assumation was wrong, thats my bad). Frankly, while FC has changed a fair deal, I think its mostly been my perception of them which has changed more than anything. Ik that my perception of them has changed a lot from what it was years ago. However, they still nearly only respect "skill" or compeditivness. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, its just this doesn't fit well with many alpha, members. If it was just me, I would be more open to an allaince with FC, but i doubt the rest of the clan would be happy with this arrangement, and I don't want a repeat of ggcw.

Gah, Nvm I'm sleepy, i will post fully in the morning.

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

September 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

I gave the torch to you and Koll, GM. I think Koll is still around and actually has a chance with a few things.

Maybe I overreacted a little bit- I apologize then.

And what's this? You're ready to let the clan die just because you aren't the one who can take the reigns, even though you demanded your position back, after you retired?

Heck, I would've given the clan to Sam if he wasn't so stuck up about being in GRC too.

Whatever. I did everything for you guys. I PUT MY HEART OUT FOR THIS CLAN.

If that's not enough, then what is?

I'm not going to be around here any longer to hear you try to answer to that.

I'm sorry. Goodbye.

--

September 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

Ultimo (Retired) at September 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I gave the torch to you and Koll, GM. I think Koll is still around and actually has a chance with a few things.

Maybe I overreacted a little bit- I apologize then.

And what's this? You're ready to let the clan die just because you aren't the one who can take the reigns, even though you demanded your position back, after you retired?

Heck, I would've given the clan to Sam if he wasn't so stuck up about being in GRC too.

Whatever. I did everything for you guys. I PUT MY HEART OUT FOR THIS CLAN.

If that's not enough, then what is?

I'm not going to be around here any longer to hear you try to answer to that.

I'm sorry. Goodbye.

Seems we can't find a medium in our discussion today.

And Kiwi was right, I was only trying to make discussion on this, I wasn't trying to go and bash your ideas.

Also, I have not seen Koll anywhere (either forum or in-game) for the past several weeks. I'm thinking he might be retired.

As I said, if you want to remain a leader alongside me, go ahead. If not, then I think it best we retire the clan, at least then, we have a chance to resurrect it when the reboot hits. If we die off now, there's no hope for getting this thing back together.

--

September 20, 2014 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

-={Alpha}=-.Koll

Sorry for not posting in a while I'm not retired yet been tranfering from my old school to a new one and things been crazy. Also been celebrating my Birthday with a couple of my friends. I would hate to see this clan fall apart but if it does it has been a good 3 years. I will try to be active on the site until the clan does fall. 

~Koll

--

September 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

Ok, to continue my post. Everyone apresiates the hard work you have put into the website, but really the "heart" of Alpha is not on the website, but in game, enjoying battlefront together. I think gm was right in suggesting to have the 2 generals. Having one general sucks, even with the clan this small, it puts a lot of work on their shoulders.

Frankly, the best bit about being general is helping out other people, particularly in game. You should not have felt obligated to do lots of stuff for the clan if you didn't enjoy it. If I learnt one thing from leading this clan, it was that the exsistance of the clan is NOT more important than the enjoyment of the people in it. I think GM is saying that if you weren't in the clan then there would be no point for him to stay.

Ok to comment on your 2nd post. Sorry if I am being a bit harsh here, but I am commenting on what I believe. If you put your heart out for the clan, then I would not be writing this, because you would not be leaving. If you want to believe that you put your heart out, then it is only to feel better about yourself, and justify leaving.

"If that's not enough, then what is?"

To comment on this, enough for what? What did you hope to achieve. Its impossiblle to what you want if you don't know what it is, therefore reguardless of how much effort you put in you will not be satisfied. "If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

Frankly, Alpha isn't going to be big again anytime soon, after the gamespy crash, and as cool as a nice website is, nothing is really achieved in terms of putting the clan out their without in game activity. So if that was your goal, then you probably aimmed too high.

To finish up, I mean no hard feelings but what I am saying, I simply want to expess my opioion, whether you take heed of it or not is up to you. I feel sorry for you, if you were only doing stuff for Alpha out of a scene of duty, because frankly thats not what alpha should be about. If you aren't enjoying Alpha, then its fair enough to leave. I wish you the best of luck in your world endevears Ultimo, and I hope you learn a thing or two from your time in Alpha (ik I did). All the best man, and please only come back if you know you will enjoy it, your happiness is far more important than any duty you might have towards Alpha.  

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

September 20, 2014 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

Want a formal final apology? Here it is.

I'm sorry I led you to believe that I was serious about all of this.

I've been playing this role of a power-hungry leader for some time now just to show everybody left what it feels like to be on the recieving end of somebody's self-centered pride.

Maybe I'm not giving a good enough explanation here- you'll see it written out better on the History page.

Also, since all of you asked...

-2 General Leadership Added

-My Generation 7 Story Removed (Somebody else write it please)

-Members Page Updated

-Rules Page Updated (2 Sections need to be Written)

I want to thank everybody for continuing to do what they do best around here. Thank all of you for giving me a chance. Thank all of you for everything you've done for this incredible clan.

I think all that I've done in these past few days puts me leaving this clan on quite the odd note... Maybe I'll be noticed for it.

Haha, see ya later guys. 

Thank you Kiwi.

Thank you Dan.

Thank you Koll.

Thank you Sam.

Thank you Buck.

Thank you Hawk.

Thank you Kyram.

Thank you Boom.

Thank you Honzo.

Thank you Val.

Thank you Jasy.

Thank you Shadow.

Thank you Danish.

Thank you Phantom.

Thank you Rex.

Thank you Houdini.

Thank you Shazam.

Thank you Kevin.

Thank you Dark.

Thank you Gamma.

Thank you Ross.

And, last but not least, Thank You Gold Man, my good friend and brother in arms.

--

September 21, 2014 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

I kinda liked the generation 7 history, apart from the slight bias at some parts.

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

September 21, 2014 at 3:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

It's very nice to see things didn't end sour between us, Ultimo. Because of this, I retract my earlier statement in regards of retiring the clan. Your apology is deeply accepted.

Nice speech on the History page, by the way. I think members may someday follow your example (minus the tyrannical leader part and the leaving in-and-out part), but more so they'll follow in your footsteps as to the dedication you showed to this clan. I also intend to make ya something because of this, so stay tuned on the forums. ;)

Besides, Shadow said he wanted this clan still alive when he returns, let's make that dream happen. :)

--

September 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.