Forums

Forum Home > Off Topic > Teamspeak?

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

I'm offering Alpha clan a free Teamspeak channel on my Teamspeak server. Teamspeak generally runs at a lower percentage than Skype and some other voice/messaging services do, so some of you on the lower computer end might want to look into it.

If I get 3 or more people interested, let me know, and I will set up a channel for you and send you the IP.

--

November 14, 2015 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

I don't think we really need it tbh. steam is usually good enough. And if not I think swbfgamers has a teamspeak channel.

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

November 15, 2015 at 2:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Janitor Buck
Administrator

I agree, not really needed. Thanks for the offer though!

--
November 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Cpt.Drunken_Master
Administrator

I liked xfire better than steam, but never tried teamspeak.  Does it have any advantages?  That said, I only play about once / week and usually don't see any of us on when I am...

November 16, 2015 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Vet.Gold Man
Administrator

Figured I'd drop some input for yas in this.

My group of friends and I use/used to use a channel on the SWBFGamers TS server (which you may have guessed is titled "GM" on the server). It works out tremendously, we're always playing games and communicating, and only ever use the channel's chat when we are just talking and posting vid links. The only downside really is that if you want to view someone chatting in it, you have to alt+tab out to view it (unless you're using Overwolf, their in-game client, and even then it's somewhat confusing). 

We've actually begun using a free VoIP system called Discord. It's still in Alpha, but for where it's at it works surprisingly well. You don't pay for hosting or anything, you can literally create your own server, be connected to/host multiple servers, and you can create channels in them. We have two servers for our group, one for Guns of Icarus Online and one as our main hub for other games. The system works really good (they're still working on developing an in-game client, however), and a cool feature we like is that the videos show up on the client when we link them, so our friends don't have to click the link to view it in their browser. They're also listening to their community and always respond to people's requests for certain features in the client. Haven't had to update it yet, however, I suspect there will be a big update for it soon adding new features such as sub-channels (which is really helpful for team-based gameplay). 

Anyways, just my thoughts. Go with TeamSpeak if you want, but if you want to not pay money for hosting, Discord would be a preferable second option.

--

November 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ultimo (Retired)
Administrator

No problem, fellahs. I thought it would be kind to offer it to you. See ya soon!

--

November 19, 2015 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{Alpha}Cpt.Will

How have you guys been, i havent been able to play for a few weeks cause of school, but with thanksgiving this week i will be on again for a few days!

November 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[Alpha] Vet. Kiwi
Site Owner

awesome!

--

Fruity Fruity Bird!

November 23, 2015 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.